The Library during the Last Seventy years
The library of Astan Quds safeguarded its importance and credibility, and developed during this period. Even, from time to time, some of the deputies of the custodian like the late "Mohammad Wali Khan Asadi" who undertook and brought about basic reforms or the late "Sayyed Fakhrudin Shademan" and "Sayyed Jalaludin Tehrani" who had basic knowledge more than the others, and also some of the authorities of the library, all of them granted services to the library quantitatively and qualitatively, despite the conditions which ruled over during those periods.''
One of the affairs accomplished in these period, is in fact the process of printing and publishing the index of the library's books by the order of "Mohammad Wali Kahn Asadi" - the deputy of the then custodian.
Subsequently, the authorities of the library, continued printing and publishing the following copies of the mentioned index. Some of the steps taken by the library of Astan Quds Razavi in the field of publications, are as follows:
1. The foundation of the Quranic Encyclopedia through the efforts of the late "Dr Ahmad Ali Rajai'i Bukhara'i", during the recent years.
2. Printing and publishing of the Persian text related to the fourth century of Hijrah, entitled "The Introduction of the manuscript of the glorious Quran-Motarjam No.4".
3. A sample of the glorious Quran written in the form of Thulth script of the Iranian writing art-translated into the old Persian No.1
4. Printing and publishing the poetical work of "Hafez Shirazi", rectified by "Dr Sayyid Mohammad Reza Jalali Naini" and "Dr Nazir Ahmad." The original text has been written in 824 A.H., in other words, about 33 years after the death of Hafez (one of the most distinguished poets in the history of the Iranian Literature).
In order to become acquainted with the kind of affairs and activities and the organization of the library of Astan Quds Razavi run in the beginning of the 14th century of H.S(Solar Hijrah) (about 70 years ago), we have provided our reders with some samples of the statistics related to the organization of this library.
The statistics, and report of the affairs and activities accomplished in Astanah on 15th. Esfand. 1309 till the end of Bahman.1310 H.S:
1. Purchased Books:329 copies.
2. Presented Books (Gifts): 326 Copies.
3. Books written in the Library:1 copy
4. Books in trust: 662 copies
5. Documents, lease contracts and endowment deeds registered n the library:118 leaves
6. Inlaid book-rack granted to the library: 2 book-racks
During the years befor 1310 (H.S), the library of Astan Quds Razavi enjoyed a constitution.